You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
We are seeking a Principal DevOps Engineer for AlienVault’s Unified Security Management platform. You will bring your production operations experience to manage our multi-region cloud deployments serving our customers worldwide.
As part of AT&T Cybersecurity we are experiencing tremendous growth. You will be challenged to help us adopt the right tools and technologies to take us into multi-cloud, large scale and high volume deployments. We are looking for the right individual who has “done it before” at scale and who’s had to support thousands of customers in production that count on our systems every day.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has managed large production deployments in AWS
• Is an expert on infrastructure-as-code and the best of breed DevOps tools
• Is experienced with different deployment models and the pros and cons of each
• Is able to coordinate complex projects and delegate tasks to the team
• Has done capacity planning and expense forecasting and management
• Is an expert on information security, especially as it applies to the public cloud
• Knows how to communicate effectively and design efficient organizational boundaries
Ideally you will have worked in a second cloud such as Azure or a hybrid environment.
You will have an expert understanding of DevOps build and automation tools including Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet / Chef / Salt, Ansible, Rundeck. You will have managed a complex build system and have a solid working knowledge of code management and release strategies. You know how to script; Ideally you’re a good shell script programmer and also with Python.
You will have run a production cloud environment with thousands of paying customers that expect you to deliver against an SLA every day. You’ll know how to set up monitoring, alerting, and a fair on-call routine. You’ll have implemented an effective incident response process. You’ll have a sixth sense for security vulnerabilities and never settle for just checking the box.
You will have had to plan capacity and forecast expenses. You’ll be able to work with the financial operations team on reservation strategies. You’ll be able to continuously improve our resource utilization and help keep our expenses in control.
You are a microservice enthusiast who may have used Kubernetes in production. You’ll know the challenges a distributed architecture brings and how engineer for observability and reliability.
You will bring a wealth of perspective to the team. You’ll work with the team to share your experience and lessons learned. You will lead by example.
You love a technical challenge and revel in elegant solutions. You want to work for an experienced team that has a very impressive track record in a place where you have the resources to work on hard engineering problems.
Why consider a position AT&T Cybersecurity?
• The market opportunity is enormous. There are millions of businesses around the world that are struggling to adequately protect their IT resources or meet their compliance obligations.
• At AT&T, we already have millions of commercial customers that we provide networking services today and that gives us a significant advantage in how we solve customer’s security problems.
• AT&T Cybersecurity runs as a separate business unit within AT&T. That gives us the reach and resources of a Fortune 9 company with the autonomy to work and deliver like a startup.
• AT&T provides a generous benefits package.
• In addition to selling software directly to end customers, AT&T Cybersecurity uses our own products to deliver managed services so we get a front-row seat in how our products are used.
• And most importantly, we come to work each day on a mission to provide organizations with highly intelligent security products and services that are affordable and simple to use. We believe organizations of all shapes and sizes should be able to achieve world-class security without the headaches and huge expense of other solutions.
Enjoyable, great benefits, good pay, little cog BIG SYSTEM
GREAT benefits, very understanding, and an excellent environment that fosters great leadership
Due to the separation and mergers of companies, the internal systems are difficult to navigate, sometimes redundant, or just plain confusing.Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.