You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
We are seeking a Cloud Security Engineer for our Unified Security Management SaaS products.
Part of AT&T, AlienVault’s security products are used around the globe. You will join our technical operations team in Austin TX to help make our cloud environments secure.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in Information Assurance or Computer Science and has hands-on experience designing, implementing, and auditing technical security controls in a public cloud, including Amazon Web Services. You also have experience with a SOC and have managed incident response processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Design and implement technical security controls for a multi-region, multi-cloud global deployment of many thousands of virtual machines.
• Understand the goals of DevOps and how to apply security in a continuous delivery infrastructure-as-code environment.
• Understand how security and site reliability engineering are interrelated.
• Be an expert on the security services offered by our cloud providers and our company.
• Be the liaison to our compliance team for all technical controls and reporting. You should have a working knowledge of SOC 2, PCI, HIPPA, GDPR, ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance, FedRAMP, and FIPS, and have previously worked in two or more of those frameworks.
• You will be hands on. You should be able to write testable and readable code in shell and python and understand provisioning tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform.
• Assess and implement effective security controls for our frameworks and best practices
• Work with our AT&T SOC for continuous security monitoring.
• Be able to manage or conduct penetration tests.
• Understand application, network, and operational security.
• Audit software and hardware dependencies for vulnerabilities and license issues
• Be up to date on vulnerabilities. Participate with our labs team to understand emerging threats and mitigation strategies
• Project management
WHAT YOU NEED:
• 3+ years or recent coursework in the following security functional areas: information assurance, application security, authentication and authorization, identity and access management, dynamic application security testing, static application security testing, data security, security monitoring, vulnerability management, incident response
• Public cloud experience including provisioning and management using automation
• Scripting proficiency in at least one common scripting language such as Python
• Understanding of securing web server environments and cloud platforms based on OWASP top ten recommendations and cloud vendor recommendations
• Knowledge at least one compliance framework
• Familiarity with dynamic web application vulnerability scanning tools and services
• Familiarity with static code analysis tools and services
• Understand and be able to script REST APIs
• Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team
• Fluency in English required. Spanish a big plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
• A competitive compensation that includes base salary + bonus
• The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management.
• Live and work in beautiful Austin, Texas.
So, why consider a position AT&T Cybersecurity?
There are many great reasons to join our team but here are a few that stand out:
• The market opportunity is enormous. There are millions of business around the world that are struggling to adequately protect their IT resources or meet their compliance obligations.
• At AT&T, we already have millions of commercial customers that we provide networking services today and that gives us a significant advantage in how we solve customer’s security problems.
• AT&T Cybersecurity runs as a separate business unit within AT&T. That gives us the reach and resources of a Fortune 9 company with the autonomy to work and deliver like a startup.
• AT&T provides a generous benefits package.
• In addition to selling software directly to end customers, AT&T Cybersecurity uses our own products to deliver managed services so we get a front-row seat in how our products are used.
• And most importantly, we come to work each day on a mission to provide organizations with highly intelligent security products and services that are affordable and simple to use. We believe organizations of all shapes and sizes should be able to achieve world-class security without the headaches and huge expense of other solutions.
Interested in joining our Cybersecurity team?
Enjoyable, great benefits, good pay, little cog BIG SYSTEM
GREAT benefits, very understanding, and an excellent environment that fosters great leadership
Due to the separation and mergers of companies, the internal systems are difficult to navigate, sometimes redundant, or just plain confusing.Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.