Lead UX Researcher Qualitative
Ready to redefine how people interact with the latest, coolest tech? On our User Experience (UX) team, your vision will drive cutting-edge ideas across our mobile products. Whether it’s apps, music, games or other services, this is your chance to shape millions of customer experiences.
- Level: All
What makes someone successful in this position? Check out below to see if you have what it takes.
- Creative 8
- Collaborative 10
- Enthusiastic 8
- Curious 9
- Problem-Solver 10
- Understanding 9
Lead UX Researcher Qualitative
As part of the Design Technology team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to be part of a transformational team that promotes new process innovation within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup within AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of our customers as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
As a Lead UX Researcher Qualitative, you’ll use your UX talents to research a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. You’ll develop, lead, and conduct user research and use insights to advocate for customers, ensuring that their needs are properly understood and seriously considered by team members, business clients and product teams. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
- Plan execute and mentor junior members on qualitative research methods
- Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great experiences for customers
- Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to convey the vision, flow, and features of products being created
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and work products
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions into production
- Demonstrate an understanding of business objectives and how to balance them with design and user needs
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3-10 years of experience leading strategic planning and design delivery projects
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative research methods including generative, formative, and evaluative methods. e.g. contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs, ethnographic research, and persona/archetype development
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods
- Well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking, you design for consumer needs first and foremost
Application Requirements and Instructions:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
Ready to design your future at AT&T? Apply today.
Date posted 09/16/2019
Want to know what to expect? Here’s a breakdown of the typical application process.
- Check your status regularly. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
- Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
- Be ready to bring your laptop to show your portfolio – and have answers prepared regarding how you approached your projects, the tools you used and your personal experiences with them.
- In-person interviews are typically 3-4 hours with UX peers.
Great benefits, PTO, salary, and potential bonus opportunities.
New community to the company so there are some pains as we grow.Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.