About AT&T: AT&T has a 140+ year history of innovation and connecting humans. Our values guide us as we build out the next generation of 5G and Fiber networks that will impact how we live, work, and play.
About Design Technology:
Our Design Technology team is a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, content strategists, and design program managers working together to define and build experiences that will touch millions of customers. We solve complex problems that impact customers, employees, shareholders, partners, and our communities. If you have a passion for design at scale, we'd love to meet you.
What you’ll do
Using a combination of skill, creativity, and leadership, you’ll help AT&T set the vision for a maturing enterprise product design organization, bringing a deep knowledge of the design practice at scale to a transforming company. You will lead a team of top professionals to solve a complex and diverse set of business problems that will resolve in the future experiences and product lines of AT&T. You’ll partner with top business leaders, making decisions that are best for our users and drive business results. Crafting experiences through key artifacts like journey maps, service blueprints, and experience strategies that drive business decisions and lay the groundwork for the experience.
Who you are:
As a Director of Design you:
· You are a proven creative leader, overseeing design programs and developing designers in an enterprise setting
· You are a passionate advocate and representative for the practice of Design at scale
· You know the ropes of enterprise design practice and maturing design teams
· Your track record is full of successful examples leading teams from “idea” to “launch”
· You can work across the design disciplines of Design Ops, Research, Content Strategy, Design education, Design Planning, and Agile partners
· Have experience applying Service Design to an enterprise organization
· You have a strong point of view on the design practice and act as a thought leader for a team of consummate professionals and stakeholders
· You are a systems thinker, Stakeholder facilitator, and inspire confidence in your team and your colleagues
· You love serving our customers, and articulating the business value of design across a broad set of stakeholders
We’d love you to apply for the Director of Design role if you:
· Have 10+ years of design experience, 2+ years of proven success in leading large teams, and management of successful product and experience design from idea to launch
· Have a bachelor’s degree in service, experience, product or interaction design, and/or a portfolio of proven results in the B2C space
· Have proven chops in scoping efforts, facilitating stakeholders, conceptualizing approaches, storytelling, strategy, and leadership (with a rich knowledge of Figma, Invision, and other modern tools)
· Are comfortable communicating with and presenting to stakeholders and leaders, all the way to the C-level
· Have a portfolio that demonstrates your process and approach from taking concepts from idea to production
The Design Technology studios are in Austin and Dallas, TX,
Please apply and include a link to your portfolio! Our team will review and reply back asap if we think you might be a fit!
Job ID 2238932 Date posted 08/11/2022