AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP-enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community by providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier II Regional West Support Lead to support the customer’s computer data communications systems, in providing design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; as well as, analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
The job duties of the Tier II Regional West Support Lead are as follows:
- Responsible for the overall health and wellness of the T2 workforce in the assigned region.
- Guide, train, and manage lower-level management and supervisors.
- Oversee daily operations, manage budgets, and set performance objectives.
- Organize and implement training programs for staff in the assigned region.
- Ensure mapping of site resources and activities, and manage as per timelines and budget constraints.
- Oversee and take responsibility for regional quality control and performance management.
- Secure long-term client relationships by maintaining effective customer relations.
- Recruit, train, and support upper leadership as well as conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Develop and implement business plans to meet organizational objectives.
- Plan, evaluate, and optimize operations to be efficient and cost-effective.
- Ensure products and services comply with regulatory and quality standards.
- Ensure internal standards and procedures are followed.
- Preparing and presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for all operations and maintenance activities to upper leadership.
- Support the resolution of escalated customer issues and incident reports.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades.
- Determine specific network hardware or software requirements, such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas.
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems.
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical network designs.
- Develop procedures to track and report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes.
- Estimate time and materials needed to complete projects.
- Evaluate network designs to determine if requirements are met efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor and analyze network performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of resources.
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to address system maintenance issues.
- Coordinate installation of new equipment.
- Coordinate network or design activities with designers of associated networks.
- Design, organize, and deliver product awareness, skills transfer, and product education sessions for staff and suppliers.
- Develop and update network-related documentation.
- Explain design specifications to integration or test engineers.
- Develop plans or budgets for network equipment replacement.
- Prepare design presentations and proposals for staff or customers.
- Supervise engineers and other staff in the design or implementation of network solutions.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph. (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a master’s and 4 years, bachelor’s and 6 years, associate’s and 8 years or HS and 10+ years. Twelve years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. Must comply with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2.
Additional required qualifications include:
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience.
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model.
- Working knowledge of layer 2 switching concepts.
- Working knowledge of basic routing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), and Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP).
- Working knowledge of Service Now or similar IT Service Management (ITSM) products.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Familiarity with MS Project.
Desired Qualifications: Managerial experience in an IT environment.
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2231050 Date posted 06/20/2022