At AT&T, you’ll be empowered to create real change in an ever-expanding, connected world. As part of our corporate team, your impact will be felt no matter how your work translates to our core goal of serving customers and transforming lives. We’re fueled by a passion to provide innovative solutions and driven to connect the world in meaningful ways.
AT&T is seeking an experienced Senior Sourcing Manager in the Technology, Operations and Business Solutions areas under our Wireline Transformation & Supply Chain (WTSC) organization. In this role, you’ll manage, monitor and strategically source technology supplier contracts. This will include everything from request for proposal, quote and information to RFX through contract execution. You’ll serve as an advocate of our company, both internally and with suppliers, to mitigate impacts of policy, reduce risk and drive successful outcomes through negotiation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works with business partners to draft and negotiate hardware, software, and/or services agreements
- Build and deploy a sourcing tech strategy aligned with clients’ needs for assigned categories
- Create and execute contracts, determine optimal contract terms and pricing and drive savings and efficiencies
- Provide interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual obligations and act when contractual provisions are not met by the supplier (e.g., termination letters, bankruptcies, breach notifications)
- Negotiate contract modifications, quotations, revisions, terms and conditions with suppliers
- Coordinate required approvals based on the document being negotiated
- Responsible for the review and administration of long-term and/or blanket purchase contracts
- Oversee commercial contract issues, negotiations and/or administration of licensing agreements including renewal, new business and consolidations
- Develop financial models, including present mode of operation (PMO) and future mode of operation (FMO) comparisons
- May recommend strategic technical alternatives for planning, transformation and evolution in support of corporate initiatives, customer demand, technology changes, economic and service reliability criteria
- The ability to exercise sound judgment when selecting methods and evaluation criteria for obtaining results or evaluating supplier responses
- Effective collaboration skills – you’ll work across all levels of leadership
- The ability to stay current on market intelligence to assist in negotiation effectiveness
- Previous experience with or knowledge in assigned sourcing categories
- The ability to apply knowledge appropriately when evaluating new information technologies
- Resolution skills – you’ll face a wide range of sourcing issues
- The ability to manage intense workload within short timeframes, process orientated approach
- Strong leadership, negotiation, legal drafting of custom language and communication skills
- A passion for and natural curiosity in relation to tech. You must like working hard and overcoming challenges
- The ability to demonstrate sound judgment, common sense and a good sense of humor with strong business acumen
- Graduate/Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain preferred or Certified Purchasing Manager experience. Juris doctor degrees a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in management of supplier relationships and negotiating contracts
- Business, cost management and quality experience
- Skilled in creating Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and “What-If” scenario financial modeling and analysis for comparative sourcing events
- Understanding of contractual T&Cs including intellectual property ownership
- Ability to generate comprehensive commercial deal sheet terms by fully understanding client technical requirements, demand/usage and budget forecasts, supplier products/services and defining flexibility terms to adequately support contractual use by multiple business units
- Candidate must be located in Dallas, TX or Atlanta, GA and be willing to work 3-5 days in the office per week. Relocation assistance is not available.
Our Senior Sourcing Managers earn between $94,300 - $141,500. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2330267 Date posted 09/27/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term) · Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events