Cricket Wireless is the fastest growing company in the prepaid industry. And, we were just voted one of the best places to work in Atlanta by the AJC for the second year in a row!
Our mission is to provide an easy, high quality and affordable wireless experience, and our purpose is to Inspire smiles one meaningful connection at a time.
We are looking for a strong leader to join our IT team as a Scrum Master. The Scrum Master:
- Guides a scrum team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and how to get the most out of self-organization.
- Assesses the maturity of the scrum team, providing support and coaching their team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable to the team.
- Removes impediments and/or guides the team on how to remove impediments.
- Facilitates and leads Agile ceremonies (Daily Standup, Demonstration, Story Point Estimation, Retrospective, Iteration Planning, Backlog Grooming) and fosters continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with team members, but does not act as a manager, lead developer, Project Manager, or Product Owner.
- Removes impediments to a team's productivity by shielding them from outside influences.
- Empowers teams and facilitate creativity while guarding quality and monitoring iteration progress while striving for successful completion.
- Represents the team to management. Disseminate information to the team, including metrics and charts. Work with other Scrum Masters to ensure organizational process improvement.
- Builds and maintains a trusting and safe environment where problems and issues can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged.
As a servant leader, the scrum master protects the team from external distractions, allowing the team to focus on the work to which they have committed.
The most important task this person will have is coaching the scrum team to follow the scrum framework and use measurements to create empirical process control through a system of continuous improvement.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitate events for scrum team (as needed) and bring facilitation techniques to the team as a neutral party to help team make decisions together.
- Coach the team on agile principles, values, and scrum rules, roles, artifacts, and events.
- Ensure that the team follows the scrum framework.
- Help the team understand their own performance by providing them with metrics of use to the team based on their maturity including flow, burn-down, burn up, and predictability.
- Knowledge of agile values and principles, scrum roles, rules, artifacts and events and facilitation and coaching skills
- A history of having worked as a developer or a strong interest and understanding of technology
- Understanding of agile tools and applying scrum in a virtual environment
- Knowledge of scrum team metrics and which to apply based on team maturity
- 5-8 years relevant, related experience
- 2 years of service to a team in the role of a scrum master
- At least 2 years of experience as a developer or quality assurance analyst in a professional environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in any Technical, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields preferred
- Certification would be helpful particularly in scrum (PSM, CSM)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!