FirstNet, built by AT&T is public safety's dedicated, nationwide communications platform. It's bringing public safety communications into the 21st century with new, innovative capabilities to strengthen first responders' incident response. And it's helping them connect to the critical information they need – every day and in every emergency.
FirstNet, built by AT&T is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband communications platform dedicated to and purpose-built for America’s first responders and the extended public safety community. Shaped by the vision of Congress and the first responder community following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, FirstNet stands above commercial offerings.
AT&T is driving innovation in lifesaving, public safety technology. And, for the 3rd consecutive year, Frost & Sullivan recognizes AT&T for driving visionary innovation in public safety by introducing ‘smart’ solutions that cater to the evolving demands of first responders.
Before FirstNet, built by AT&T, it was often hard for public safety officials to communicate and work together to save lives due to congestion on commercial networks and interoperability challenges with LMR systems. Now, public safety has FirstNet – and it is not a commercial network. FirstNet is specifically designed with and for public safety, based on what they asked for to advance their communications. As public safety’s network, FirstNet is evolving based on the needs of and feedback from first responders.
New innovative solutions demonstrate AT&T’s continued commitment to drive purposeful innovation to best support public safety and help them stay mission-ready, equipping first responders with the capabilities, coverage and capacity they need to protect themselves and our communities.
AT&T has an opening for a Lead Product Marketing Mgr to support the growth and development of solutions, in providing continuous innovation across Public Safety.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities - Roles and responsibilities of the Lead Product Marketing Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for identifying innovative solutions and securing business relationships that modernize Public Safety through mission critical broadband applications and solutions.
- May spend significant time interfacing with clients.
- Be product owner throughout the product’s life cycle.
- Conduct multi-year product planning to determine product life-cycle decisions, ensure consistency with the voice of the customer, marketing and corporate strategy, and achieve product performance, revenue, market share/penetration, compliance and profitability objectives.
- Identify, monitor and analyze internal (e.g. financials, movement, revenue, cost, sales) and external (e.g., technology, market share, competitive) performance parameters in order to reposition, modify features and identify new uses for the product.
- Provide continuing product surveillance and management of established product to attain financial objectives.
- Accountable for revenue attainment and profitability.
- Support the Sales organization with Product related questions and training sessions.
- Develop business plans and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Provide readout to leadership level regarding products and plans.
- Collaborate with other AT&T offer teams to ensure customer experience and business services positions AT&T as the continued leader.
- Work with marketing and sales operations teams to develop service delivery and channel enablement plans.
- Develop compelling positioning and value proposition and selling tools.
- Market Analysis: assess market and customer dynamics and incorporate into offer development and lifecycle activities.
- Perform competitive analysis to evaluate product capabilities, pricing, promotion, distribution; analyze how these impact market share.
- Recommend and implement changes required to be competitive.
- Rationalize solution offerings by performing map/gap analysis against current offering and market opportunities.
- Establish requirements to effectively manage and track to a plan of record, including total sales, revenue, churn and contribution.
- Motivate others to action and provide leadership qualities as needed.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external resources.
- Manages the Product LBGUPS (Learn, Buy, Get, Use, Pay & Support).
- Manages Product escalations internally and externally.
- Cultivates and develops vendor relationships, conducts complex market forecasting activities.
Work locations: Oakton, VA; Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Atlanta, GA; Able to transition to flex/virtual.
Required Clearance: N/A
Required Qualifications: 10+ years product development experience. Must have Sales, Business Development, and Public Safety experience. BA/BS or higher.
- Must be comfortable with conveying the value of new and emerging products, technologies, or applications to senior level management and across a diverse product team.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in cross-functional teams in shaping solutions and delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and writing skills.
- Strong curiosity and passion for excellence.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and operate in a fast-paced, high-growth professional environment
Desired Qualifications: PMP and/or Six-Sigma certification.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2125029-1 Date posted 05/16/2021