At AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Innovation powers all that we do, and our groundbreaking solutions deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to millions of customers worldwide. As part of our team, your next big idea could be our newest innovation. Here’s your opportunity to combine your passions for entertainment, media and technology to transform our company and your career.
AT&T’s Marketing and Growth Organization’s Research, Analytics, and Insights team is seeking a Director of Customer Experience Research who will lead a team of managers and provide expert-level insights to AT&T’s Marketing and Operational teams.
The Director, Customer Experience Research will be responsible for:
- Designing and managing all diagnostic and CX tracking tools related to AT&T’s Consumer Lines of Business (Mobility, Home Internet). The Director will develop and report out on all key insights.
- Integrated Customer Insights (ICI) - which is the official consumer NPS source for AT&T’s Consumer businesses
- Integrated Day in the Life (iDIL) - which provides detailed NPS diagnostics within AT&T’s customer base
- All Branded and Unbranded Episode Trackers - provide tactical guidance to improve NPS at customers’ key “moments of truth”.
- In addition to the above, the role may also have some responsibilities in leading custom CX research.
• Owning NPS related ICI analytics, executed on behalf of the Customer Experience teams
- Develop a deep understanding of Customer Experience related goals, objectives, challenges, and opportunities
- Directs creation and delivery of strategic Customer Experience (CX) related primary research insights for C-suite, Customer Experience, Brand, Marketing, and external agency audiences. Insights driven decisions and actions.
- Requires expert knowledge within the marketing research field (both qualitative and quantitative approaches, sampling, and data analysis) and the ability to integrate critical information from many diverse areas
- Craft and communicate compelling stories and narratives that drive actions and decisions among senior stakeholders.
- Builds and drives the culture of collaboration between the Research, Analytics, and Insights team and key partners and stakeholders across the enterprise. Serves as an evangelist for key findings and indicated actions. Work to ensure continued alignment in direction and overcome obstacles as needed.
- Manages multiple, simultaneous tracking platforms with support from outside research firms
- Leads and mentors direct report team members for professional development and career path
- Deep expertise in designing and executing primary consumer research (quantitative and qualitative):
- 10+ years of hands-on experience as a Consumer Research professional
- Experience assessing methodological options and recommending Consumer Research approaches that answer key business questions in a quick and cost-effective manner
- Experience crafting easy to follow, “voice of the customer” centric stories for C-Suite executives that enable them to drive actions and decisioning
- The successful candidate will be (or have):
- A highly adaptable, innovative leader with tremendous drive and excellent organizational skills
- The ability to multitask and deliver multiple simultaneous projects on time with high quality
- A strong leader who can work collaboratively across teams, inspire team members, and manage senior leadership stakeholders to quickly and accurately complete deliverables
- The ability to synthesize large amounts of data and extract critical insights and implications
- Able to establish instant credibility, clearly communicate key insights (verbally and in writing), speak and act with the confidence. The ability to influence senior leadership as well as frame discussions is critical.
- A consultative mind-set that drives all projects to impactful business decisions and action taking
- A multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only based on past experiences but stays abreast of approaches and developments occurring in the marketing research fields.
- BS/BA required or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working for a 3rd Party Primary Research Provider
- Experience working effectively in a large, highly matrixed Fortune 100 company
- Masters of Market Research or MBA also a plus
- Broad understanding and relevant experience supporting key Marketing decisions (e.g., Brand, Positioning, Pricing, Packaging, Messaging, Advertising, and Channels)
The position is located in Atlanta, GA or, Dallas, TX. Position will require a multiple days in the office each week. Some travel will be required.
Our Directors - Market Research & Analysis earn between $127,100 - $211,900 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2309893 Date posted 03/16/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events