Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Supports architectural engineering that is a prerequisite to work center detail design, configuration, and installation work.
- Establishes and maintains AT&T architecture standards.
- Performs architecture review and assurance.
- Conducts Air Force risk assessments.
- Interacts with co-workers, vendors, the customer and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints.
- Drafts bid specifications and requests for proposal and evaluates vendor responses to establish contracts.
- Directs projects assigned by management by planning plans of action, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Plans, designs, engineers and constructs telecommunications systems (e.g. voice, radio,
- Analyzes telecommunications problems and needs (e.g. interference, intelligibility, clarity, etc.) to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating and/or avoiding current and future problems and improving communications.
- Determines appropriate configurations of telecommunications hardware and software to ensure the desired performance of telecommunications equipment.
- Researches, gathers and compiles relevant technical information to enhance, modify and maintain assigned networks and telecommunications systems.
- Attends meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with the Air Force and other agencies with similar telecommunication equipment and system interests, and assure the organization’s position is represented.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.