Our Defense Team supports the Office of the Secretary of Defense providing critical professional services.
AT&T has an opening for a Junior Linux Systems Administrator to join the team supporting the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Cost Analysis and Program Evaluation, IMAG. Skills and familiarity with the Linux Red Hat Operating System is a must. Hands on experience installing and patching O/S and applications is required. This position also requires strong problem solving and excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work alone and as a member of the support and development team.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot Linux RedHat systems within an enterprise server environment
- Install O/S patch updates and third party application updates to maintain reliability and security posture.
- Install, setup and maintain servers in both VMWare and AWS environment
- Support a Lab environment for testing software and patch updates before installing them in the Production environment.
- Create shell scripts as needed to support various monitoring and collection needs.
- Create and maintain backup of the Redhat/Unix systems and maintain and update the disaster recovery plans of the Redhat/Unix systems.
- Create and update documentation to support system administration procedures for installing, operating and maintaining the systems.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years technical specialized experience (5 years overall experience) or 9 years equivalent experience in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other related field.
Junior Linux system administrator skills needed:
- Familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise or other Linux system, with hands on experience installing O/S, patching, and applications.
- User account management.
- Using editor on command line.
- Basic knowledge of Hardware setup and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of networking to include knowledge of connecting Linux system to the network.
- Basic knowledge of SQL to include knowledge of querying a database to see if it is up and running.
- Basic understanding of using backup software.
- Knowledge of patching and running security scans.
- Experience with Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), AWS Security Groups, S3, and IAM roles and permissions.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- System Administration experience with Windows Servers
- Experience with VMWare virtualization environment
- Experience with DevOps processes and concepts
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.