AT&T has an opening for a Telecom Drafter to support the DOE, in supporting physical telecommunication infrastructure and project coordination activities supporting the Sandia Labs infrastructure.
- Develop engineering drawings, using computer-based drawing packages such as Aptitude for site plans and Telecommunication Infrastructure Designer projects.
- Maintains all current records of capacity and capability for the outside cable plant and assists in planning future expansions.
- Develop and implement cable management database, track databases to ensure accuracy, remove drop box numbers from appropriate database(s) when drop boxes are, physically removed from the plant.
- Assign cable names and track cable resources, consolidate other sources of cable documentation into one formal database.
- Create and coordinate projects to allocate or retrieve resources, develop, implement, and maintain procedures, and contribute to process development.
- Document work performed (including issues) in ticket work flow log prior to closing the ticket or transitioning work to another team.
Active DOE L with Ability to Achieve Q
- Two (2) years’ experience and an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline or Three (3) years of experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in drafting solutions for Federal Agencies.
- Demonstrated communications skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer drafting software used to design Telecom networks.
- Drafting certification with any computer aided drafting software
- Direct work in the DOE at a Lab facility
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.