Our Department of Energy Team supports the Agency’s national efforts to manage the countries energy resources. Our support of Sandia Labs includes all aspects of IT system and network security measures to ensure the site operates securely and efficiently.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Technician III to support the DOE, in supporting physical telecommunication infrastructure and project coordination activities supporting the Sandia Labs infrastructure.
- Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures.
- May also design network and computer security measures. May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software
- Interface, assist, and work with the Telephone and Network Operational/Project Manager to help ensure all network functional areas under the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing, Network Support work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards.
- Interface, assist, and work with all staff assigned to the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards.
- Track all projects using MS Project and report project risks and discrepancies to the Project Manager
- Execute the work of all jobs under the Network Support pillar
- Deliver monthly reports to the Telephone and Network management chain
Active DOE Q or L
- Five (5) years’ experience and an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline or Six (6) years of experience.
- Eight (8) years of experience in telecommunication and/or network infrastructure support with increasing responsibilities.
- Demonstrated communications skills.
- Panorama PON, Solarwinds, Statseeker, Secure CRT, and/or BMC Remedy ITSM
- Cisco, Brocade, Juniper and Tellabs, and/or TACLANE encryptors
- Direct work in the DOE at a Lab facility
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.