Our Department of Energy Team supports the Agency’s national efforts to manage the countries energy resources. Our support of Sandia Labs includes all aspects of IT system and network security measures to ensure the site operates securely and efficiently.
AT&T has an opening for a Field Telecom Technician II to support the DOE, in supporting physical telecommunication infrastructure and project coordination activities supporting the Sandia Labs infrastructure.
- A Telecommunications Technician II determines appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications including call switches, test trunks and test links, and installs communication circuits
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains telecommunications equipment
- Provides reports, completes requests for new service, and determines methodology for installing telephone service
- Interface, assist, and work with the Telephone and Network Operational/Project Manager to help ensure all wired telecommunication functional areas under the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing, Wired Support work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards
- Interface, assist, and work with all staff assigned to the TPTIT Infrastructure Computing work pillar are delivered on-time, meet all associated metrics, and operate at the highest standards.
- Track all projects using MS Project and report project risks and discrepancies to the Project Manager
- Manage the work of all jobs under the Wired Support pillar
- Deliver monthly reports to the Telephone and Network management chain
Active DOE Q or L
- Four (4) years’ experience and an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Telecommunications, or other related technical discipline or Six (6) years of experience
- Eight (8) years of experience in indoor and/or outdoor physical cable (copper and fiber) infrastructure support with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated communications skills
- BICSI Certified Fiber/Copper Technician
- Fluke Versiv CCTT Certified Fiber cabling test Technician
- Direct work in the DOE at a Lab facility
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.