Xandr's Invest DSP operates in one of the largest Online Advertising Marketplaces in the world. Every second we process up to 5 million bid requests, which result in over a million transactions, represented in over fifty million rows of hundreds of logs and messages, which we combine, analyze and aggregate on behalf of hundreds of thousands of buyer campaigns into a host of reporting views and real-time signals.
Our Transactions team is seeking an experienced, creative engineer to help us reach our goal of managing this process end-to-end with 100% reliability and 0 discrepancies, while integrating new technologies and facilitating the development of paradigm-busting product initiatives. The ideal candidate has a background in a variety of languages, design styles, and Big Data processing tools, as our stack comprises everything from a performance bidder written in C, legacy PhP APIs, and Apache MapReduce ETL jobs, to modern containerized streaming applications feeding realtime views in MemSQL and PowerBI.
They should also be experienced in dealing with complex problems that span multiple systems, able quickly to explore new code bases, compare datasets, discover root causes and propose solutions that balance the competing needs and priorities of multiple stakeholders. Love of investigation and attention to detail are key.
About the job
- Define and govern the data model as it is expressed cross-platform
- Integrate new tools and methods for processing and storage
- Modernize legacy applications and build self-serve solutions for team contributors
- Lead and consult on product initiatives that leverage the solutions you pioneer
Job ID 2051119 Date posted 04/28/2021
- 5+ years of software development experience for production systems
- 2+ years of system design and development experience
- Proficiency in multiple languages, especially Java and SQL (also Python, C, PhP, Scala, and Go are plusses)
- Experience with kubernetes, docker, and helm, as well as public cloud services (AWS, AKS)
- Knowlege of a variety of data processing tools, serialization formats, and storage solutions (MySQL, Kafka, Protobuf, HDFS, YARN, Hive, Presto, HBase, Apache Spark and MapReduce, Cassandra, Reddis, Vertica, MemSQL, PowerBI, Debezium)