LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as a Temporary Facility Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Temporary Facility Technicians work both inside and outside to test and repair equipment and services for our customers.
- Temporary Employee - One whose term of employment is intended
to last more than 3 weeks, but ordinarily not more than 24 months.
What you'll do as an AT&T Temporary Facility Technician:
• Splice copper and fiber cables in all environments (aerial, buried, underground and buildings)
• Coordinate work operations with other employees and with customers, as well as maintaining company records
• Repair and maintain cable plant, fiber optic plant and digital loop carrier equipment
• Operate hydraulic aerial lifts (buckets) and ladders mounted on trucks
Have you worked 5 or more years performing construction work that involves repairing and maintaining plant equipment and/or operating heavy machinery? If yes, you could be eligible for a starting pay of up to $28/hour. Don’t have 5 years of experience? We offer a competitive salary for all levels of expertise and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Learn more about the Facility Technician by watching this short video.
In addition to possessing STRONG communication skills, our Facility Technicians must:
• Possess a valid state driver’s license
• Meet 325 lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Perceive differences in wire and cable colors
• Climb poles, climb ladders and work aloft with hand tools
• Lift and/or pull up to 120lbs
• Work outside in all kinds of weather
• Work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
• Use computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
• Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions require
• AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
• Qualify on pre-employment screening
Study Guides (click the links below to open the various study guides)
Technical/Mechanical Test III (TMT III)
Individuals holding this job title may be required to perform the above job duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Job ID 2330451 Date posted 09/18/2023
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events