Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
- Responsible for consulting with direct sales teams and customers to provide technical expertise regarding the design, customization, implementation and account management of highly complex technical products and services.
- Contributes to unit sales plan through pre-sales/post sales technical consulting activities.
- Designs solutions and provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Leads the technical discussions in client meetings across multiple levels and disciplines to identify business and technical needs, issues and priorities.
- Formulates responses to customer inquiries/questions concerning highly complex system software and applications, and provides software development and consultation to prospective users.
- Understands, develops and delivers products/services/systems/solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
- Designs technical solutions involving new and emerging technologies.
- May build a mini-application, based on customer requirements, to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping.
- Requires extensive knowledge of company products and services.
- Assists less experienced peers.
- 10-15 years of experience in Telecommunications/Networking
- 7 + Years of Technical Consulting experience
- 7 + years in LAN/WAN/MAN networks including: MPLS, Routing Protocols, TCP/IP, VPNs, VoIP, Applications, Optical Networks, Wireless-Mobility, Security, Video, Hosting
- Knowledge of Unified Communications
- Cisco and Juniper Routing and Switching
- Possess Industry Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, or CISSP
- In-depth, working knowledge of client business drivers, applications, and networking industry trends is imperative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Understands competitive products and services, and competitive strategies
- Experience across the AT&T Data and IP service portfolio
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Effectively collaborate with internal and external cross-functional organizations and customers
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work well both independently and as proactive team member
- Excellent customer communications, interaction and presentation skills
- 5-7 years experience in a similar position within the same industry
- Proven ability to work with wide range of organizations and extended teams
- Network Engineering and/or Capacity Planning Expertise
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.