Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
1) Bachelor's or advanced Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
2) Minimum 4 years of work experience.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements;
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components;
- Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks;
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment;
- Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes;
- Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects;
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results;
- Capability Levels. In addition, develops or implements algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards;
- Assists with developing and executing test procedures for software components;
- Writes or reviews software and system documentation;
- Develops software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confers with users or system engineers; analyzes systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigates problem areas;
- Serves as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project;
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance;
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design;
- Designs or implements complex database or data repository interfaces/queries;
- Jira or comparable SCRUM/SDLC management software;
- GitHub or comparable version control software;
- Confluence or comparable wiki/collaboration tools;
- MS Project and other management & reporting tools;
- Experience with AWS and scripted infrastructure a plus;
- Ansible, Docker, Chef/Puppet or similar experience a plus
Required Clearance: The candidate must be a US Citizen. Work on this contract will be “Unclassified” through “TS/SCI”. TS/SCI (with polygraph) level is desired. Candidates must be clearable and must be willing to adhere to the clearance process.
Desired: Listed under required skills BUT will interview with 50% of skills or more
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.