Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The network services will be built on the Open Network Automation Platform (ONAP), an open source initiative based on the AT&T ECOMP (Enhanced Control, Orchestration, Management & Policy) project as well as the Open-O (Open Orchestrator) project to bring the capabilities for designing, creating, orchestrating and handling of the full lifecycle management of Virtual Network Functions, Software Defined Networks, and the services that all of these pieces enable.
As a developer on an agile Scrum team, you will contribute to technical analysis of AT&T Global Public Sector customer network initiatives, specify detailed requirements and design for the impacted ONAP components, including (a) real time inventory of virtual network resources, (b) orchestration, control and activation of virtual network functions and services, (c) application control and policy management for closed loop control, and (d) network data collection and analytics, implement, and deploy these services onto the customer network.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience developing and interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Ability to work in a Linux environment including shell scripting.
- Knowledge of basic networking principles such as the IP protocol suite (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc.)
- Exposure to virtualization technologies such as OpenStack or VMware
- Exposure to containers and orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes
- Exposure to SDN technologies and models - TOSCA, YANG, NETCONF, OpenDaylight, MANO, NFV
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical disciplines
Required Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and possess active Secret clearance. SSBI a big plus.
- Experience with NFV and experience in production/operationalization of VNF’s/onboarding on NFVi (Network Function Virtualization infrastructure) platforms.
- Exposure to ONAP or AT&T ECOMP platforms with basic understanding of the major components including: Multi-VIM/Cloud, SDN Controller, Application Controller, Virtual Function Controller, A&AI, DCAE/Correlation engine, Service Orchestration, and the ability to apply “policy” across these components in the delivery of a service
- Experience working with vCPE (virtual CPE) solutions (e.g. AT&T Flexware) for managed services and software-defined WAN
- Some exposure to a commercial network automation platform such as Ciena Blue Planet or Cisco NSO (Network Services Orchestrator)
- Experience with automation technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins.
- Experience working with open source communities and software
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.