You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
- Ensure consistent, high quality digital television signal transports and satellite transmissions.
- Installation, diagnosis and maintenance of critical on-air video, audio, RF, baseband, signal processing, transport and transmission equipment. This responsibility includes DirecTV’s Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 Broadcast transmissions streams and all associated Local Collection Facilities, Broadcast Centers, Ground station Equipment, and associated Monitor and Control hardware.
- Configure and troubleshoot a variety of television broadcast, transport, and transmission equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on various subsystems.
- Summarize and Present Technical information in both verbal and written form
- Assist in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedure documentation and training.
- Training and development of new employees
- Develop a base knowledge of site facility systems and assist with emergency building system repairs as needed.
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military training in electronics and/or related systems is preferred.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Physical requirements:
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
- Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Associates degree, certificate or equivalent military experience with electronics, communication, television broadcast or Earth Station processes and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in either RF Ground Station Antenna systems or MPEG Video Compression systems.
- Previous experience with VMWare, V-Sphere, v-Center Virtualized environments or willingness to learn.
•Must have a valid state driver’s license with no restrictions.
•All candidates must be willing to carry a company provided on-call phone, participate in a cyclic on-call rotation, and must reside less than 45 minute drive time from the main uplink facility.
•Must have a negative pre-employment drug test.
•Criminal and MVR background must meet company hiring criteria.
•The uplink facility is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission.
•Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<25% travel)
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.