Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, customer-focused, team player, and be able to coordinate and collaborate on multiple issues simultaneously with many stakeholders.
- Candidate must have relevant networking experience (e.g. TCP/IP stack, DNS, BGP, metadata, IDS/IPS) and be able to serve as a Subject Matter Expert in security event identification, known threat validation and analysis, and network vulnerability analysis and reporting.
- Candidates must have expertise in security information and event management tools (HP, Trustwave, OSSIM, etc.), collecting and analyzing host-based (Windows and Linux) and network-based data, using Computer Network Defense or forensic tools, gathering and interpreting information, performing Internet research, identifying mitigation strategies, and effectively communicating results.
- Should have demonstrated analytic ability to discover unknown, suspicious or exploitation activity and analyze exploitation opportunities and expertise to evaluate and recommend information security enhancements, product upgrades, and tools to ensure minimal exposures.
- Excellent communications skills, that include the ability to provide formal documentation of analysis and/or research results to include briefings, reports, writing, training of lower tiers, and editing at a technical/professional level, are required.
- Candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree, as a minimum, in a related field such as math, science, computing, or engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant cybersecurity experience is required.
- Must be flexible with work hours and willing to work shifts when required to meet mission needs.
Required Clearance: Must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI clearance
Required Tools and Skills: Splunk, Splunk Enterprise Security, Incident Response, Windows, Linux, Networking.
Desired: candidates should be methodical and prolific writers with acute attention to detail. Candidates should have a minimum of 3-5 years security incident handling expertise within a security operations center. Understanding of government Tier 1 security operations center roles and responsibilities and computer network defense playbooks or incident response plans related to security operations are desired. Candidate should have relevant networking experience (e.g. TCP/IP stack, DNS, BGP, metadata, IDS/IPS) and be able to coordinate with other security teams in areas such as security event identification, known threat validation and analysis, and network vulnerability analysis and reporting. Security+, GCIA, CEH, CIH, or CISSP certification is desired. Security operations experience with Splunk Enterprise Security in the role of incident responder is desired. Incident handling with 8-10 years security operations center expertise supporting customer-facing elements and internal security information management systems. Prior experience with open source vulnerability tools such as nmap, autoscan, Nessus, Wireshark, snort, etc. is desired. Understanding of government Tier 2 security operations center roles and responsibilities, computer network defense playbooks and incident response plans, and business continuity plans related to security operations are desired. Relevant cybersecurity experience with Department of Homeland Security, Department of Defense, or Federal Bureau of Investigation desired.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.