Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages
- Participates in the design and implementation of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) platform and related technologies
- Provisions voice services for new users
- Documents, monitors, and audits network infrastructure
- Creates and tracks performance metrics and adjusts network design accordingly
- Performs routine maintenance on network devices and applications.
- Provides third-level network engineering support – Help Desk escalation calls; including occasional after hours support.
- Works with IT team on large projects
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to conduct research into IP telephony issues and products.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Solid understanding of LAN concepts – IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP) and switching technologies (VLANs, Spanning Tree, etc..)
- In-depth knowledge of Security Devices (Cisco ASA)
- Experience with remote access VPN connections
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in a large-scale enterprise network
- Experience with WiFi networks and related management tools (WCS, WLC and Autonomous AP’s)
- CCNP Collaboration
- Cisco Unity, UCCX scripting, Call manager
- T1/E1/PRI and SIP circuits, ISDN, PBX's, SRST, H323, MGCP, CSU/DSU's and Gateway's Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. Eight (8) years of additional experience can be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's
Required Clearance: Secret
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.